Can I take an individual NDT courses from AINDT?
Yes, AINDT does offer individual NDT courses.
Individual courses are best for people who are already in the NDT industry and are looking to expand their NDT methods education.
If you are looking to start a career in nondestructive testing, an individual class isn’t the quick fix you are looking for.
Our full “Nondestructive Testing Technologies Certificate” training program is what you’ll need to start your NDT career.
When I get done with the AINDT program will I be certified?
You will be well on your way, but you will not be immediately certified. After you complete the AINDT program, you will have the required education to become certified, then you will need on-the-job training hours. AINDT works with you to be placed and employed with a great company. After the appropriate amount of on-the-job NDT training experience hours you receive while working, you will be given exams to become certified in the various NDT methods by your employer.
What is the difference between a licensed private career school and the community college?
The American Institute of Nondestructive Testing (AINDT) is a private career school that offers a certificate program. The Minnesota Office of Higher Education has licensed AINDT as a private career school.
A private career school like AINDT teaches people how to get into a specific career. Instructors at AINDT teach you job specific knowledge you need to succeed in the field of nondestructive testing. That’s one of the reasons we are able to get people trained affordably, properly and more quickly than a traditional trade school.
At a community college there may be courses you may have to take before you even get into your career coursework. With AINDT, we’re just teaching you NDT related coursework.
What if I did poorly at high school or in a previous college life? Am I able to still get a career or a certificate in nondestructive testing at AINDT?
Absolutely. Our instructors are there to give you any support you may need to successfully complete your coursework.
We train and teach people who haven’t been in high school for many years. Our coursework and training is easy to understand and done at your own pace. Once you complete the online portion of your curriculum, you will attend our Baxter MN facility for your hands on training, where you will work directly with instructors performing actual inspections, recording results, and preparing reports. Throughout the duration of your certificate program with AINDT, you will learn the necessary information needed to be successful in NDT.
What additional costs beyond my tuition will I have with the AINDT program?
Costs not included in your tuition include:
Travel costs to and from our area and your daily food costs.
Once I complete the AINDT Certification Program, do I have to travel for work?
Travel is not a necessity, and Office and lab positions are available, but there are considerably less jobs that do not require travel than jobs that require you to be away from home for a few weeks at a time.
On the road positions may include: buildings, bridges, pipelines, commercial jetliners, shipyards. These type of locations are not coming to you, so you’ll have to go to them. The wage in these types of positions is traditionally higher – you’re getting a large per diem every day – which can make it more lucrative to be on the road.
Does AINDT have a payment plan?
The cost of our Nondestructive Testing Technologies Certificate Program is $11,045.00.
We made our NDT school financing programs easy and affordable with student loans from Meritize and with Income Share Agreements (ISAs) from TradeUp.
WHAT IS MERITIZE?
Meritize offers student loans that look beyond FICO credit scores and use individual academic history to enhance credit evaluation and improve loan options. Even if your credit isn’t great or you don’t have a cosigner, a Meritize loan may be within your reach. If you do have a cosigner, that helps you even more. As you successfully repay your loan, you’ll be building your credit.
A Meritize Loan Offers…
- Use your transcript to enhance your credit and improve your loan options
- Fund the full cost of tuition on your own merit
- Choose affordable fixed or variable rates
- Select the repayment option that works best for you while you attend school – making full payments, making interest-only payments, or making no payments until 3 months after graduation
- Repay your loan over 3 or 5 years
- Avoid prepayment penalty fees if you choose to pay your loan off early
- Get access to Meritize Career Success Services for job and career support
WHAT IS TRADEUP?
TradeUp helps you finance your education with Income Share Agreements (ISAs) instead of loans. Here is a basic overview of how an ISA works:
- Unlike a loan, your payments are a percentage of your salary, so it’s always affordable
- Your payments don’t start until you graduate and land a job!
- There is no minimum amount you are required to pay back. Your ISA will end after you’ve made a set number of payments, even if you’ve paid back less than you borrowed
- Your payments are capped, meaning that even in you get a job making $100,000+, you’ll never pay more than a certain amount
TradeUp ISAs are a better alternative to student or personal loans
- They have no interest
- They don’t require a co-signer or a minimum credit score.
- The repayment amount is capped, so you never pay too much.
- You only make payments once you’ve landed a job, not while you’re in school.
- If you need to stop working, your ISA payments pause – no penalty, no fees.
- And much more! Read about all of the benefits on our website, at www.wetradeup.com.
Does AINDT have a job placement program?
As soon as you arrive at AINDT for your hands-on training our NDT job placement team immediately starts working hard to find an NDT career that’s right for you.
How much money can I expect to earn?
Our graduates start earning $40,000 to $50,000 per year starting out in the NDT industry. Graduates can obtain further certification and increase their earnings substantially throughout their career. Certified NDT Technicians should anticipate compensation packages to include full insurance benefits and substantially high wages.
Will I always have work?
The Non-Destructive Testing and Inspection industry has been (for the last century), and will be, a growth industry for decades to come. As the infrastructure of America ages, the need for evaluation and advanced examination techniques increases. NDT and Inspection are not job avenues. They are careers.